How to request and install your ConversionBox evaluation version
2. Ensure that Microsoft Hyper-V Virtual Machine is ‘on’ on your device.
3. Install ConversionBox natively (NOT on a virtual machine) on a desktop / laptop. This will take around 10 minutes.
4. ‘Launch ConversionBox’. The system will initially check that the system pre-reqs are in place & then launch ConversionBox.
5. Drag & drop your Windows 10, Windows 8.x or Windows 7 ISO file into the Convert screen and get ready to input your Windows license key
6. ConversionBox will setup the system for the first time use, this is fully automated and does not need any input. Setup time is usually around 30 minutes.
7. Subject to a license being requested and delivered, ConversionBox is now ready to be used.
1. Import the application installer files, which can be a mix of MSI’s, .exe’s, & script files (.vbs, .bat, .cmd) by dragging a folder with all of the applications (or a single app) which need to be converted, into the ConversionBox ‘Convert’ screen (from a local storage or a share across the network)
2. Input initial settings (see HelpFile for assistance)
3. ConversionBox will automatically batch convert the applications to App-V, at a rate of around 10 minutes per conversion.
4. Once the conversions have been completed, go to the ‘Output’ folder for the App-V sequenced applications & test them within your environment.
To enable a successful implementation of ConversionBox, the following system requirements are the prerequisites:
- Must be installed on physical hardware only (not on a virtual machine)
- 4 GB RAM minimum
- 10Gb hard disk space (fast disk access)
- Windows 10 32/64 bit or Windows 8.x 32/64 bit on the device which ConversionBox is to be installed on
- An official Windows 10, Windows 8.x or Windows 7 ISO file
Full installation instructions can be found in the Operations Guide, also available as a HelpFile.